Many say the drive is the most exciting shot in golf. I say the accuracy and variability of the approach is far superior.
Though theology is more like the approach, our temptation is often to swing like a drive.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Erev Tov

Erev Tov!! That is, "good evening" in Hebrew. Or maybe I should say boker tov (good morning). Right now the clock on my computer says 7:30PM and the clock by my bed (in Tel Aviv) says 3:30AM. I slept for a couple of hours this evening, and now I just can't fall back asleep. So I decided to break my blog silence on the occassion of my first trip to Israel.


Most anyone who would check this blog already knows the occassion for the trip, so I will just post a picture of the night sky from our hotel room on this dark and dreamless night.



Tomorrow we are heading south to the sites of Qumran, near where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found about 60 years ago, and Masada, the last standout for a group of Jews who were part of the revolt against the Romans from AD 66-73. Jerusalem was sacked and destroyed in 70, but the group held out on Masada for another three years!


We're staying the night in Jerusalem tomorrow night, and then in Tiberias on the Sea of Galilee the next two nights. More soon...

3 comments:

Jason E. Cochran said...

You know, I subscribe to your blog and had no idea that you were even going to Israel much less why. For What?

Jeremy, Lisa, and Madeleine said...

I am so jealous right now....but also so happy for you to have this experience. Be safe.

Mark R said...

Hi Mike, have you found anything interesting there in Masada? Some scroll or so? We are studying hard, so are not thinking to much about your trips :-)